The post holder will report to the Head of Student Services and will have a key role in supporting and promoting the wellbeing of the student body in order to support students with their emotional and practical needs to ensure they achieve their fullest potential, progress and complete their studies.
Essential criteria for applicant
• Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate effectively at all levels.
• Able to work positively with students to support, respect and empower those in distress.
• Commitment to delivering a high quality of customer service.
• Able to prioritise and self-manage workload.
• Able to work appropriately with confidential and sensitive data.
• Previous experience in providing 1-2-1 pastoral or emotional support.
• Able to work quickly and accurately under pressure.
• Excellent teamwork skills.
• Computer literate with an excellent knowledge of the Microsoft Suite, particularly Excel and Word.
Desirable criteria for applicant
• Experience of working in Education.
• Good capacity for self-reflection and high level of self-awareness for dealing with high level pastoral issues.
• Experience of working with Learning Support Needs and SpLD’s.
• Qualification in Counselling Skills or similar.
• Experience working with exam rules and regulations.
• Experience of working with Disabled Student Allowance and Student Finance.